iNLP Center NLP and life coaching trainers got together to discuss self-sabotage, beginning with the strange tendency we all have to seek negativity.
Seeking – Negativity – Discussion
iNLP Center trainers discuss the tendency to seek negativity and pain.
In this episode:
- Diagnosing where the problems lie and unconscious self-sabotage exists
- Looking for how someone is setting themselves up and how they are seeking it
- Filtering out who is going to apply
- Ecology concerns
- Unlocking the unconsciousness
- The freedom that comes from owning your stuff
- Opting out and why you are opting out
- How do you act in the moment?
- Acting on autopilot
- What’s absurd about this whole thing?
- What are you unconsciously seeking?
- Unconsciously seeking a result
- What negative painful thing are you seeking?
- Rejection and anticipating rejection
- Deep down unconsciously believe people don’t care about what you have to say
- Could be a sense of self-righteousness
- Protecting yourself – you’re not going to believe me anyway
- Don’t believe people will listen so don’t give them time or attention
- Becoming aware and catching yourself in the act
- You typically catch yourself after the act
- Then you catch yourself in the act
- Then you can get ahead of it and predict when it will happen
- Eventually, you won’t have to prove this old belief is still true
- It might be a struggle to let go of that belief
- Don’t try to change it, try to catch yourself in the act and be honest with yourself
- Is it really disinterest or is that just what you think?
- You may not genuinely enjoy mundane conversations or small talk
- Not enjoying small talk has nothing to do with rejection
- Eliminating the tendency to feel rejection
- When you don’t have the drive toward rejection then you are using small talk to opt-out